Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 26: The Biggest Loser...Ever

Yesterday I had the privilege of hearing Danny Cahill speak at the church I attend, Morningstar Christian Church! Danny won the Biggest Loser in 2009 and lost 56% of his total body weight, making him the biggest loser in history of the show's existence. Danny started the message with tears in his eyes before he even said a word--then began with "I'm just so blessed God picked me for this journey and that I get to share my story." A true man of humility who has pursued the path God laid before him. But it wasn't easy for him to take his first step on that path--at 430 pounds.

Danny had tried 3 times to get onto the show before finally being casted. He was searching for a motivating force to help him lose the weight for good--and felt the Lord placed this show in his heart. On the last day of the casting in 2009, hoping for a call from the producers, he prayed that God would show him his direction and opened his bible to Genesis 50:20. He said at that moment, after reading the scripture he opened to, he called his wife and said "I'm going to be on the show--and I'm going to be the Biggest Loser ever!" This scripture was confirmation of God's plans for Danny.

"You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many." 
-Genesis 50:20

Hours later, Danny got a call welcoming him to the cast of the Biggest Loser. God had been laying a plan out for Danny--although he didn't make Danny obese, he took what was soon to harm Danny (probably cause him an early death) and turned it into good. Danny utilized God for strength and hoped in Him, and it was clear to everyone in the church yesterday, this was God's plan for Danny. He now travels the country encouraging others in faith that any thing bad, harmful, or evil in our lives can be transformed into good by God's grace, and doors will open for us to share the miracles God has performed in our own lives to others everywhere. Don't be discouraged by the trials or "bad" things in your life--God has a divine purpose in all of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment