Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 22: Wearing your Robe

I want to share a pretty neat moment I experienced last night in my small group. I was shown again how creatively God can speak to us through others in the most unexpected ways.

I've been blessed with a wonderful small group of women to be part of. We meet weekly for bible study, fellowship, and to encourage one another. Last night, we picked a bible verse to meditate on and apply to our own lives. I opened my bible to the book of Galatians and was struck by this passage:

"And let us not lose heart & grow weary & faint in acting nobly and doing right, for in due time and at the appointed season, we shall reap, if we do not loosen & relax our courage & faith." 
-Galatians 6:9

This was God's way of telling me: "Rachel, you've worked hard toward a goal I've placed in your heart for almost a year now. You have 20 days left before you are tested. Although you've made great progress, do not loosen up and settle in these final days. Keep pushing and you will blossom in my perfect timing."

As we closed our small group in prayer, a sweet friend of mine, Ashton, told me she felt the need to pray over me and shared a vision God gave her when her eyes were closed in prayer. She said Rachel, I saw you wearing a purple robe, a crown from the Lord, and carrying a torch with fire. God gave me this vision of you spreading the light he's placed in you to new places. And it is ironic you were wearing a crown as I know you're preparing to compete for Miss California, and it is because God has set you apart. He wants you to know that you will be able to share the word He is rooting deep inside your heart. He has already gone before you in this journey! It's as if he's saying: "Rachel, I've already given you the robe, now all you need to do is walk in it."

As you can imagine, I was so touched and encouraged by this word Ashton shared with me. I could surely feel God's presence and reassurance.  God could be speaking a similar message to you right now too. Whatever journey you're on, don't be anxious about the small obstacles and dwell on your shortcomings.  Be at peace knowing with confidence that if God has placed your desire in your heart, he will finish the good work he started in you. Chances are, God has already given you all you need to carry out your journey.  He's given you your robe of resources. Stand tall in faith, ground your feet upon the truth of His word, and walk in it!




No comments:

Post a Comment