Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 24: A Piece of His Puzzle

Destiny. A word that lights up our eyes with a child-like hope.  Too many people wade through life in search of their destiny or calling, which especially as a non-believer, can be a pretty challenging search.  I'm so glad to have that weight off my shoulders knowing that God has pre-destined each of his children and will guide us to our destiny if we are willing to follow.

I heard a message on being used by God and fulfilling our destinies that really re-shaped my thinking about this topic. I had previously fallen into the trap of praying "Jesus use me, do great things through me, guide me..."  The issue with this is I was making it all about me.

Never did I think that my destiny is to be part of a bigger puzzle God is putting together with a big mission HE wants to see accomplished. I was awakened to the reality that I ought to be submitting myself to be used in any manner God desired for me, even if it was to be a part of something that is already happening, like a church plant, a revival, or a mission.  So now, I ask God to use me to further His mission. We are all uniquely shaped puzzle pieces and our calling is to make His puzzle complete. Yes, we will each have our own path and accomplish different and unique things en route to fulfilling our destiny. But, we are part of something much greater than we can imagine!

I love this song by Deluge called "I Want to Be Used by You." It puts our destiny into perspective.

You are calling me, I can hear it clearly, to stand for purity and what's pleasing to Your heart. 
You are showing me, I can see it clearly, a sense of destiny, a change from everything around. 


Take me by the hand and show me what you're planning. 
I want to be a part of Your design. 
Guide me by the heart and show me what's the future. 
I want to leave a mark on history. 


I want to be used by you. 
So don't look me over. 
I'm waiting for you broken. 
I want to be used by You. 


So have Your way with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment