Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 21: Wow!

Watching the sunset, hiking a mountain, walking on the beach, gazing at the stars---these are some of the ways we observe nature's most beautiful features.  Living in California, I'm reminded of nature's beauty daily. I love driving by the mountains in the distance and working a block from the ocean. The earth is really a beautifully created place that leaves me in awe!

Today I was listening to Matthew West's song "More." The lyrics are written from the point of view of God speaking to us. The chorus is:

"I love you more than the sun and the stars that I taught how to shine. You are mine, and you shine for me too. I love you yesterday and today and tomorrow, I'll say it again and again...I love you more!" 

I'm not even able to grasp that! God loves you and me more than this entire earth and all of the beautiful things he created on it! Wow. That's far deeper than any love a human being can shower us with. He values us immeasurably.

He thinks about us more than we can comprehend. Thoughts of love, protection, blessings, and joy. We are his children and just as a father and mother look at their baby, He is looking at us with the same adoration.

"How precious are your thoughts about me, Oh God. They cannot be numbered!
I can't even count them. They outnumber the grains of sand!"
-Psalm 139:17-18

Did you catch that? God has more thoughts of us than there are grains of sand on the beach.  When I read scriptures like this, I just can't help but want to live a life that honors someone who loves me so so so so so much!

God doesn't enjoy the beauty of his creation by watching the sunset or gazing at the stars. He enjoys the beauty of his creation by looking down at you and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment