Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Day 12: Well Done

God speaks to all of us, and I've heard that and read that over and over, but sometimes have a hard time positioning my heart and ears to hear his voice and wisdom for me. But today, it was loud and clear! :) Throughout the day I kept hearing the repetition of "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

When I was tempted to have a dessert after lunch, I thought would I rather have a minute of sweetness or be obedient to God as a good and faithful servant? I chose to hear those words of encouragement again.

A big lesson for me to remember on this journey in particular is that #1 I'm never given more than I can handle--not by my own strength--but relying on God's strength. That thought alone brings peace to me. Another note for me to remember is that the journey God currently has you on is also a test to see if you're ready to handle more. I sure don't want to let him down or never advance to the greater journeys. With our obedience to His word, we show our responsibility to handle more.

So tonight I searched online to see what the citation of the scripture was I'd been hearing all day. Matthew 25:23 beautifully reads:
"His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things, now I will give you more responsibilities. Let's celebrate together!'" 

Wow! The actual words of scripture I'd heard all day were in the same verse as the message I'd been remembering all day--that I am being tested to handle more responsibility. I love how God works to tie up the loose ends and make a pretty package of truth for us all. There is no better encouragement than to hear the Lord tell me 'job well done, Rachel!'--and that's what He wants to tell us daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment