Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 17: The reason we need

I've finally come to understand the biblical principal of rejoicing for the storms, challenges, and difficulties that find their way into our lives. Instead of getting angry and rejecting God for allowing these things to happen, we are called to praise Him in the storm. There is purpose in absolutely every detail of God's plan for our lives.

A Christian life is not an easy life. Just because you have God on your team and access to his resources and grace doesn't mean hardship won't come. It just means we have the right resources to deal with the hardships! Not only is God wanting us to turn to him in times of need, he has careful design behind every minute we suffer, to remove a bad thing from our lives, to protect us from something that is to come our way, or to grow us in an area of life we struggle with.

I remind myself of this when I look at the calendar and see that in 29 days I'll be leaving to compete for Miss California. While I feel this is my calling and God has prepared the way for me, it will be no easy feat competing against 58 wonderfully talented and driven women. In fact, it seems nearly impossible to come out on top. But I don't let that fact discourage me. If I was a 10 in each category and the training came easy, would I really rely on God? Probably not. God puts us in situations that seem impossible because if they were easy, we would find a way to achieve it on our own. So if you're facing something that seems impossible, get excited! God is waiting to show you that he can make your impossible situations possible, but only through reliance and obedience to Him!

Two great translations of Matthew 19:26
"Jesus looked hard at them and said, 'No chance at all if you think you can pull it off yourself. Every chance in the world if you trust God to do it.'"
-The Message

"Jesus looked at them intently and said, 'Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God, everything is possible.'"
-NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment