Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 35: A Prayer

I found this prayer on Teresa Scanlan's blog. She wrote it as a local contestant before she prepared to compete for Miss Nebraska. She was crowned Miss Nebraska, and at age 17, went on to become the youngest Miss America in history. I love the words of this prayer and am humbled to be part of an organization led by strong, Christian women like Teresa!

"Dear God, please help me to be a diligent servant not only today but from here on out. Give me the strength and wisdom to accurately handle your word of truth and the diligence and perseverance necessary to be a worker who is not ashamed. I wish to be a shining light for you, a glowing example of who you are, and a grain of salt in a tasteless world. Whether or not this is achieved through a position, crown, title, or job, please place me exactly where you need me to be an effective ambassador for you. I am clay in your hands, your humble servant, willing to do whatever you wish for me in your perfect plan. I love you so much and thank you for blessing me so tremendously and bestowing such outstanding opportunity on me. My greatest wish is to exemplify your love through my words and actions in order to bring others to you." 

No comments:

Post a Comment