Friday, July 8, 2011

The Privileged Club

God has blessed me with many successes and a variety of accomplishments in my life. But from a young age, I have been required to work hard. Most of the time, harder than those around me. I went through a season of frustration because in pageants or job positions, whatever I was competing for at the time, it seemed that I had to exert so much energy and effort to be in the running, but there was always someone who beat me out that seemed to have life handed to them on a silver platter. One of my goals in high school was to be valedictorian of my class. I took a challenging schedule of honors and advanced placement courses and I knew from the start that I was unlike most of my peers who were naturally gifted with intelligence. Mathematical equations and scientific concepts just seemed to flow with ease from them, but it took me hours upon hours of studying and diligence to make my name as a "smart" kid.

In my season of frustration at life's "unfairness," God revealed to me that there is purpose and reason behind every suffering we endure. He began to change my heart--I started to look at the extra challenges in my journey as privileges. I am required to strengthen my faith muscle because there will be heavy lifting along my life's journey I'll do for His kingdom. Don't be discouraged that things don't come easily to you. If it is easy to attain, is it really worth receiving? The things we value most in life require hard work.

So consider yourself part of God's privileged club. He has called you aside and will ask you to do big things in your lifetime. You will need every ounce of strength, perseverance, and character you've gained from the struggles you're facing right this moment.

"Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come our way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. You know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." 
-James 1:2-4


"Winners aren't always the most talented, but champions put in the most effort. Champions acquire the skills necesary to excel in their profession: they build their foundation of confidence on persistence and overcoming adversity." —Dustin Hillis

No comments:

Post a Comment