Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 2: Soul Workout

I spend about 12-15 hours a week working out, usually a combination of my morning run, working with my trainer after work, dance class, night time walks, and a random fitness class here or there. I probably spend the same amount of hours preparing food, eating, or thinking about my food for the day. And then there are hours of selecting outfits, shopping, and time spent in front of the mirror preparing for the day (well, I'm a fan of the 10 minute prep plan--hair in bun, mascara and a little blush!)

How many hours do I spend a week working on my inside appearance? Despite what we face daily from this world, I have to stop and remember--we are so much more than our wardrobe collection, our fabulous hair cuts, tan skin and makeup embossed faces.  I want to be more beautiful on the inside and spend more time giving my soul a workout.  I desire a stronger spiritual peace and a defined character. I want to know and become the person God had in mind when he created me.

My 40 day fast is more than protein, fruits, and vegetables.  I am applying the same energy to my food choices to my spiritual nourishment. We should honor our bodies as temples and gifts to do God's will, but we can't forget to nourish our souls. These bodies die when we pass, but our souls live on forever.

Just as we pursue six packs and beach bodies, God is pursuing us.  Why not pursue Him and open the door to His call? He is knocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment