Thursday, August 25, 2011

Eternally Victorious

Athletes: a staple icon of the American culture. They inspire us with their comebacks, delight us with their victories, and entertain our society. While the success of a pro athlete can be fleeting, and sports teams rise and fall, we still love to love those who seem to have endless athletic talent and can achieve anything.

I don't know any of today's big athletes personally. I don't know their stories and don't get a share of their victories. But I do know a man who walked the earth over 2,000 years ago and scored some pretty major victories. He healed the un-healable, performed miracles for the hopeless, and then he made a move toward the end of his game that gave all of humanity a piece of victory.

This man has the longest winning-streak in the books. He still has a winning record. He isn't motivated by championship rings or superbowl trophies. It isn't the dollar amount on his contract or the name on his jersey that matters to him. He is motivated by the daily battles in our lives and in the world around us. He even has time to fight for righteousness on behalf of you and me!

You would think by today's standards someone who has been on a 2,000 year winning streak would be too famous to be reached. But I know this man personally. He wants to know the battles he can fight in my life for me. He is successful in all he aims to accomplish. And because I am his child, I am a joint-heir to his victory and treasures!

The man I'm telling you about is my hero, my close friend, my Father, and the ultimate victor. Through His power, the impossible IS possible. His desire is to bring me peace, joy, and continually shower me with love. Unlike today's famous athletes, this man wants to know you personally. He wants to fight for you, and he wants you to share in his victories. If you don't know him, getting to know him is easy. He has been pursuing you from the day you were born--and is standing at the door of your heart, knocking, waiting to be accepted as your personal Savior. All you have to do is let him in.

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in." 
-Revelation 3:20

Dear Victorious Jesus, 
I know I'm a sinner and I know I can't fight this fight on my own. I believe you died for my sins. Right now I turn my from my old life of sin and open the door of my heart and life. I receive you as my personal Lord and Savior. Thank you for saving me. Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment